Saturday, August 6, 2011
A nights story.
The hardest thing to do is to stop allowing yourself to be influenced negatively by friends around you and stop justifying the wrongs and mistakes you make each day. To let go of close friends that mean a lot you and you have so many memories that you have but, sometimes the right choice is always the hardest one and sometimes it's hard to see how beneficial the choice is and how it will turn out down the road. Once you stop to think about what is really truly important in life (The Gospel) you start to understand why the decision has to be made and why it is so minute compared to what really matters. It may seem like such a big deal but, what right do I have to not fully give back to God for everything he has done for me. It is well worth giving everything up for him because he can get me through anything I run into on this Earth for this short time. To have someone there for you that knows EXACTLY how you feel and what you're going through just brings the most incredible comfort. All though I did enjoy and love every memory I share with them it cannot compare to the feeling of the spirit and the love you receive from the Gospel and doing what's right. If they cannot understand what is important and why you are making the choice that you are then perhaps they are not the true friends that you thought they were. Who knows maybe by the choice you make it will be an example for them to stop and think about the choices they make and you could possibly have a positive influence on them. Which in the end is the ultimate goal as a missionary, bring souls to Christ and send the Gospel throughout the Earth. It brings me much pain and disappointment when I realize all the many opportunities I have had to do missionary work in my life. The chances I had to make Heavenly Father proud of me and repay him for his great sacrifice. Just to get some temporary joy or pleasure in this very small life. I hate not seeing the big picture and I would give anything to go back and re-do everything again with this knowledge that I have obtained. God knows that I am not perfect and I will make plenty of mistakes in my life so he gave us the atonement so I can repent and make up for the wrongs I have done. I cannot wait to teach my children so they wont have to learn the hard way. I pray that they will open their hearts to the gospel and fully receive it. So they can Return with Honor like so many of us try to do. To make God proud of what we have done. Every day is a test but, the beautiful thing is that we know every single answer and for the occasions that we don't all we have to do is ask for the answer and it will be given to us. That sounds like the easiest test to pass in the world and it us if we choose to use the knowledge and help we are given every day. Being human we are bound to make mistakes but we can repent and be forgiven, get a new slate and start clean again. Because we are loved. I am so thankful for all the miracles around and the love I see from God. The stars in the night sky so we don't have to fear the dark. So we are always reminded of the power and light of Christ. SO we will always have a guide in life no matter where you are. Beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets every single day. So we can remember what is in store for us in eternity with God. So we can find good and beauty in the world even at the worst of times. He cares so much it is astonishing, I owe him everything and so much than I can possibly give. So I will go each day with a heart full of thanks and love for my God. I cannot wait to share this message with people who have not been able to hear it. So I can bring my brothers and sisters back to our loving father in Heaven, together forever. To have a beautiful wife and children that I can be with forever. Oh how the blessings just pile on everyday, sometimes it has hard to look and find them. But once we stop to look they surround you, it's impossible to miss them. It makes me feel better than anything on this Earth can make me feel, I am truly blessed to have the gospel in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment