Thursday, September 15, 2011

Joga bonito

"If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater. For love withers from predictability, It's very essence is surprise and amazement."- Leo Buscaglia.  

For me it is impossible to not feel that overwhelming fear of not receiving love back or not succeeding. But if I knew I would get love back or knew I would succeed at anything I tried, I don't think I would ever try. I would never gain new experiences. That's why I like to jump in head first, that excitement of the unknown and mystery of the adventure that I begin each day is enough to put that fear where it belongs. On the sidelines. I refuse to let it dictate how my life will be. I want to experience everything I can, feel everything, gain new experiences. Get my heart ripped from my chest and stomped on, because if that never happened how could I ever know what love is? How would I feel pleasure without pain? Life isn't fair, it never will be. So why waste an unfair life on the sideline watching others live? This is my only time on Earth, and it goes by in a blink of an eye. So I am going to live it. I will take in every ounce of pain and fear and sorrow. Because I know that I can decide to not let it control me. Because I know there is always an adventure out there waiting for me. And I know that there is someone here who loves me for me. For who I am. Right in this moment. And will give back every ounce of love that I give. For me the one thing that hurts worse than any amount of pain, heartbreak or failure is the regret that comes from knowing that if I just would have gave it a chance something amazing could have happened. If I would have not been afraid I could have experienced something incredible. That kills me. So I will make sure that I give every opportunity and chance I get everything I have. And if it doesn't work then at least I tried and I can sleep at night without that haunting feeling of wondering what could have been if I tried. If I just gave it a chance. Fear only has as much power as YOU give it. Only you can decide if your life will be full of love and wonder and excitement at every turn. It's up to you to use the agency that has been given to you. I have all the power I will ever need to have an incrediblely, unbelievably beautiful life. So I will use it. Life is only what you make of it. It will always be hard, but that just makes the reward so much greater. Besides you have all the help you could ever need, all you have to do is get on your knees and ask for it. Life is beautiful so don't blink. Don't just sit and watch it fly by you, you never know when your time is up here. So enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment